For the 4-Play of my writing today, I watched cheesy videos on the Internet and learned:
59 million people have listened to a lady repeat the phrase “sitting on the toilet” about sixteen times. I played it twice and tried to count, and gave up. It ends with a flush.
19 million watched a “fat kid on rollercoaster” for 57 seconds. Who posts that?
35 million people watched a ninja baby for 36 seconds. That one was sort of cute.
10 million watched “young girl drops c-word on national TV…Twice.” It was on the Today Show.
Now I’m watching something called “Extreme Face Omelet.”
Each day I live, I become more confused by culture.
It’s been about an hour, and I’ve yet to find something I’d actually want to share with you. Except for the fact that my husband thinks I’m stranger than ever.
After watching freaky eaters, strange addictions, soggy flappy faces in slow motion, and Weird Al, and the like, I am quite worried that if alien life forms have access to human’s video clips, they’ll choose to extinguish the entire human race.
I’ve concluded: People are Strange.
At least we’ll always have the Brady Bunch.
My husband wanted me to remind you that the Brady Bunch lost to the dog act when they did their Keep on Movin’ dance scene.
Today, I was planning to share a story about how I was beaten with a board by strangers when I was a little girl. Now, after my introduction, I’m laughing and realizing child abuse just doesn’t fit with the feel of this post. So I’m keeping with the Strange Theme.
Unverified Strange Facts About People
Unverified because I’m not in college anymore, and I do not want to back things up with research ever again! Please keep in mind, my idea of strange is subjective and may not accurately represent your idea of strange.
- Some people let snakes slither on their backs for a snake massage. The treatments are said to ease migraines and soothe sore muscles.
- In a sleep study researches discovered dreams prevent psychosis.
- Charles Dickens slept facing North. He believed this act would improve his writing.
- There are more collect calls on Father’s Day than any other day of the year.
- Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.
- In a survey Americans revealed banana was their favorite smell.
- Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.
- On average 100 people will choke to death on ballpoint pens each year.
- On average a person farts 14 times a day.
- The earth could be repopulated to its current population level by the number of sperm that could fit in an aspirin capsule!
- You are actually reading what I write in detail.
*Important side note: The colder the room you sleep in, the better the chances are that you will have a bad dream. That’s why I’ve had so many bad dreams since moving to Washington State.
Famous People With Autism (Unverified but cool!)
For those of you who need more: